Announcing the winners of the Chemicals Northwest Awards 2019…another brilliant evening!
The ninth Chemicals Northwest Award dinner took place on the 28th March 2019 at The Imperial War Museum, North, Manchester.
Open to all organisations, we once again we had a fantastic response with some excellent entries from around the region. As always we are grateful for the excellent support given by our sponsors, who are mentioned below and we pay a special thanks to our host, broadcaster, actor and magician; Alexis Conran.
Our congratulations go to our winners:
· Engineering firm of the year 2019 – sponsored by REACHReady
Winner – Studley Engineering Ltd, Liverpool
· Manufacturing company of the year award 2019 – sponsored by Biochemica Water Limited
Winner – Bitrez Ltd, Wigan
· Health & safety award 2019 - sponsored by Livent
Winner – GlaxoSmithKline, Ulverston
· Young talent in Technical Operations award 2019 – sponsored by SRG
Winner – James Chatterton, Libra Speciality Chemicals, Manchester
Highly commended – Mark Carter, William Blythe Ltd, Accrington
· Young talent in Supporting Operations award 2019 – sponsored by SRG
Winner – Lois Viney, GlaxoSmithKline, Ulverston
Highly commended – Simon Hargraves, Hibiscus Plc, Leeds
· Sustainability award 2019 - sponsored by INOVYN
Winner – Peak42 Ltd, Daresbury
· Operational excellence award 2019 - sponsored by Veeva Systems
Winner - Vertellus Specialties UK Ltd, Widnes
· Charity of the year 2019 - sponsored by Valtris Specialty Chemicals
Winner – Catalyst Science Discovery Centre, Widnes
· International trade award 2019
Winner – Libra Speciality Chemicals, Manchester
· Innovation award 2019 - sponsored by Marks & Clerk LLP
Winner – William Blythe Ltd, Accrington
· Supplier to the chemical industry award 2019 – sponsored by the Chemical Industries Association
Winner – SRG, Manchester
Highly Commended - Hibiscus Plc, Leeds
The evening’s award trophies were once again the result of collaboration between Chemicals Northwest and academic member, Wirral Metropolitan College. For the past seven years the BA Fine Art students at the college, had been invited to design and make the trophies for the Chemicals Northwest Annual Awards. Special thanks also go to Solvay Interox Ltd who sponsored the award trophies. We would also like to thank Hosokawa Micron Ltd for sponsorship of the drinks reception and Manntek AB for once again sponsoring the Awards dinner brochure for the evening.
Finally Chemicals Northwest wishes to thank all of the award entrants, sponsors and guests who attended the event for helping to make the 2019 awards dinner such a successful evening!