This award is for the company or operating unit that can best demonstrate that it embraces the principles of diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of its business.
This Award is designed to:
- Promote good practice in diversity and inclusivity
- Recognize the business benefits of having a diverse and inclusive workforce
The Award is open to any chemical manufacturing company. Following initial judging, applicants will be notified if they have been short-listed by 11 May 2021. The winner will be announced at the Chemical Industry Awards Dinner on 17 June in Leeds and a representative from each short-listed company will receive an invitation to attend. Winning applicants should be willing to participate in publicity.
Judges will be looking for demonstrable leadership and appropriate policies and systems for the business:
- Demonstration of appropriate diversity and inclusivity policies for your business
- Identification of strategies for achieving your goals
- Demonstration of practical actions in support of diversity and inclusivity
- Appropriate metrics to demonstrate excellence or continuous improvement
The judging panel will consist of the sponsor, a CIA staff member, and at least 1 independent expert.
Entries to be made in confidence to Mike Lancaster on the Entry Form, signed by a member of the company leadership team, by 09 April 2021.
For further information please contact:
All information provided in the entry form (except the 50 word summarry, which will be published for all shortlisted candidates) will be treated in the strictest confidence. It will be used solely for the purpose of judging.
Applicants will be consulted in case it is wished to use some material for future publicity purposes or for development of case studies.