Improving process safety is key to protecting our people and hardware, enhancing our businesses and the reputation and sustainability of our industry. Its profile has been raised by incidents on major hazard sites globally.
This Award is designed to:
- sustain the high profile of process safety
- reinforce process safety as an integral element within Responsible Care
- promote good practice in process safety leadership
- encourage leadership and the sharing of best practice.
The Award will be given to the company or site that can demonstrate excellence in Process Safety Leadership performance. The award is open to any chemical manufacturing site in the UK.
The Award is open to any chemical manufacturing company. Following initial judging, applicants will be notified if they have been short-listed by 11 May 2020. The winner will be announced at the Chemical Industry Awards Dinner on 18 June in Leeds and a representative from each short-listed company will receive an invitation to attend. Winning applicants should be willing to participate in publicity.
Judges will be looking for demonstrable leadership by senior management and engagement of staff at all levels, as well as excellence in process safety performance. In particular nominations will be assessed on:
- Leadership which is visibly demonstrated through actions from the top
- Main Process safety performance indicators used at each level in the company, and how these cascade down through the company
- Process Safety Risk Assessments and critical work processes. How they are carried out and actions Implemented.
- Communication with and involvement of the workforce. Including how staff understand critical activities and their role in maintaining critical equipment barriers and critical human barriers
- Process Safety Management systems
- Process safety performance over the last 2 years
The judging panel will consist of the sponsor, a CIA staff member, and at least 1 independent expert.
Entries to be made in confidence to Mike Lancaster on the Entry Form, signed by a member of the company leadership team, by 09 April 2020.
For further information please contact:
All information provided in the entry form (except the 50 word summarry, which will be published for all shortlisted candidates) will be treated in the strictest confidence. It will be used solely for the purpose of judging.
Applicants will be consulted in case it is wished to use some material for future publicity purposes or for development of case studies.