This Award is for recognition of the Company or Site that has achieved excellence in health leadership demonstrated by improved or optimum sustained health programme performance and a healthy workforce and workplace. The key characteristics of effective health leadership include senior management commitment, employee engagement and evidence of a culture of proactive health risk management and wellbeing support initiatives that align with sustainable development goals and metrics.
The Award is open to any chemical manufacturing company / site or one associated / working with it. Following initial judging, applicants will be notified if they have been short-listed by 09 May 2023. The winner will be announced at the Chemical Industry Awards Dinner and a representative from each short-listed company will receive an invitation to attend. Winning applicants should be willing to participate in publicity
Applicants for this award should be able to demonstrate a selection of the following
- Identification of material workplace and workforce health issues.
- Evidence of active senior management sponsorship and their ongoing involvement to monitor performance.
- Demonstration of sustained workforce engagement and participation.
- Integration of health programme improvement planning with the management of Responsible Care, human resources and other relevant business improvement initiatives.
- Commitment to health programme targets underpinned by metrics to track performance.
- Evidence of continually improving or optimum sustained health programme performance.
- Best practice communication of health programme purpose, content and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
The judging panel will consist of the Sponsor, a CIA member of staff and an independent expert.
Entries to be made electronically, in confidence to Mike Lancaster on the Entry Form signed by a member of the company leadership team by 10 April 2023.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 01430 421077
Email [email protected]
All information provided in the entry form (except the 50 word summary, which will be published for all shortlisted candidates) will be treated in the strictest confidence. It will be used solely for the purpose of judging.
Applicants will be consulted in case it is wished to use some material for future publicity purposes or for development of case studies.