Which industry sectors?
• Chemical products (paints, glues,
cleaning products, etc.)
• But also, intermediate products for
the manufacture of cosmetics, medicines, and food additives
Why do we need to label correctly?
• It’s the law – without it suppliers
are open to legal actions
• It is good product stewardship, and
do we decide which hazards are associated with a chemical product?
• How the hazard classification
translates into symbols, and statutory phrases required on the product label.
• Other label texts
Labelling for World-wide supply
• The Globally Harmonised System for
• EU requirements vs rest-of-the world
• Language requirements
• Common translation issues
• Struggles and solutions for limited
label space on products with multiple languages
• Machine translation vs human
of Alchemy Compliance Ltd.
year expert regulatory advisor in the supply of chemicals
in Organic Chemistry from the University of Leicester
year experience in translation as a linguist and as an LSP.
in Politics and International Relations from the University of Kent
15 July - 11am