Announcing the winners of the Chemicals Northwest Awards 2018…another brilliant evening!
The eighth Chemicals Northwest Award dinner took place on the 22 March 2018 at The Point, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford.
Open to all organisations, we once again we had a fantastic response with some excellent entries from around the region. As always we are grateful for the excellent support given by our sponsors, who are mentioned below and we pay a special thanks to our host, broadcaster and author; Mark Radcliffe.
Our congratulations go to our winners:
• Manufacturing company of the year 2018
– sponsored by Oranmore Environmental Services Ltd
Winner – Vertellus Specialties, Halebank
• Health & safety award 2018
- sponsored by FMC Chemicals Ltd
Winner – SI Group, Four Ashes
• International trade award 2018
– in association with Department for International Trade - Northwest
Winner – Ames Goldsmith UK, Liverpool
• Young talent in the chemical industry award 2018
– sponsored by Chemicals Northwest
Winner – Jennifer Peake, William Blythe Ltd
Winner – Elliot Pryce, Syntor Fine Chemicals Ltd
Highly commended – Nicole Thompson, Holchem Laboratories
• Innovation award 2018
- sponsored by Marks & Clerk LLP
Winner – Contract Chemicals Ltd, Liverpool
• Charity of the year 2018
- sponsored by Valtris Specialty Chemicals
Winner – Science and Engineering Education Research & Innovation Hub, Manchester
Highly commended – Chemistry with Cabbage
• Operational excellence award 2018
- sponsored by Siemens UK
Winner - Vertellus Specialties UK Ltd, Halebank
• Sustainability award 2018
- sponsored by INOVYN
Winner – FMC Chemicals Ltd, Bromborough
• Engineering firm of the year 2018
– sponsored by PM PROjEN
Winner – Studley Engineering & Electrical Ltd, Liverpool
• Recruitment supplier to the chemical industry award 2018 - sponsored by the Chemical Industries Association
Winner – Science Recruitment Group, Manchester
• Supplier to the chemical industry award 2018 – sponsored by the Chemical Industries Association
Winner – Actikem Ltd, Warrington
The evening’s award trophies were once again the result of collaboration between Chemicals Northwest and academic member, Wirral Metropolitan College. For the past six years the BA Fine Art students at the college, had been invited to design and make the trophies for the Chemicals Northwest Annual Awards. Special thanks also go to Solvay Interox Ltd who sponsored the award trophies. We would also like to thank Hosokawa Micron Ltd for sponsorship of the drinks reception and Manntek AB for once again sponsoring the Awards dinner brochure for the evening.
Finally Chemicals Northwest wishes to thank all of the award entrants, sponsors and guests who attended the event for helping to make the 2018 awards dinner one of the best ever!