With thanks to our sponsors for the evening.
Enter the Chemicals Northwest 2024 Awards
We are delighted to open the 2024 Chemicals Northwest Awards. Deadline for entries is 4pm on Thursday 18th January 2024. The awards are taking place at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate on the 21st March 2024.
Chemicals Northwest members play a critical role towards delivering success in our industry and in many downstream sectors. Please share your good news stories with us, the award entry process is simple and straightforward and entry is open and welcomed from members and non-members of Chemicals Northwest.
The Awards honour excellence across a wide spectrum of business activity, from Innovation to Sustainability and from Young Talent to Supplier to the Chemical Industry.
The categories and how to enter
There is a limit of 1000 words per entry and you may find the following helpful in structuring your entry.
1. Description of your entry. (400 words)
2. How was it successful? (500 words)
3. Why you think it should win the award (100 words)
4. Please also include a 50 word company summary for the awards brochure in the event that you are shortlisted.
Eligibility for the awards is simple. You will be a chemical manufacturer, a key player in the chemicals supply chain, or an important stakeholder or service provider to the sector. We are searching for excellence in the following categories:
1. Engineering firm of the year Award 2024 - sponsored by the Chemical Industries Association (CIA)
Winning this award will represent the ultimate accolade for excellence in the supply of engineering products and services to this great industry. The scope is wide as we are aware of many engineering solutions that have led to success in the industry, from project management and maintenance support to process consultancy and equipment supplies.
2. Manufacturing company of the year Award 2024 - sponsored by PM Group
This award will recognise how a company has demonstrated excellence in developing and bringing its products to market. It will also recognise significant operational improvements made to an established process. The winner will have a clear plan for the sustainable growth of the business.
3. Health & Safety Award 2024 – sponsored by Livent
This award will recognise exemplary practices or services that have made a chemicals operation safer or healthier. The winner will be able to demonstrate how a single, or range of site improvements or the provision of valued expertise, has significantly contributed to the improved safety performance of a chemicals business, or a supply chain partner.
4. Sustainability Award 2024 - sponsored by INEOS Inovyn
Recognition of how an organisation has demonstrated an innovative and holistic application of sustainability principles across a project and/or its wider business practice, leading to measurable positive change. This category will recognise generic sustainability practices or processes or revolutionary practices.
5. Operational excellence Award 2024 - sponsored by Koura
Successful practices in improving the efficiency and productivity of a process or site. The winner will be able to demonstrate that real business improvements have been made following the implementation of a new project or operating programme.
6. International trade Award 2024 - sponsored by IKM Consulting
Innovative approaches to effective exporting involving the latest systems and thinking. This will be awarded to a company that is new to, or experienced in, import/export and who has significantly developed their business in new markets or achieved an outstanding international trading record. This award is also open to service providers who have helped other businesses to take their international trading to new levels.
7. Innovation Award 2024
Demonstration of creative solutions that present major commercial opportunities for a business. This award is open to individual organisations or collaborations including between industry and academia. The winning recipient will be able to demonstrate how they have successfully invested in the research and development of a commercially viable new product, enhanced an existing product, or designed/modified and implemented a process that delivers demonstrable benefits to the business.
8. Young talent in the chemical industry Award 2024 – sponsored by SRG
The contribution made by a young person to the success of a chemicals business or service provider. The award will also recognise the learning of vital business skills and their application in taking the organisation forward.
9. Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2024 - sponsored by SLR
The winner of this award will have a dedication to environment, community or similar, and that will be ingrained into the way you do business. You will likely see that CSR has business benefits too (which may include boosts to recruitment, retention or PR), and judges will want to know, but the ultimate goal is to ensure your business contributes to the economy.
10. Supplier to the chemical industry Award 2024
This award covers a broad scope of entries, and the winner could be reflected within the provision of innovative problem solving anywhere in supply chains, to the chemicals sector. The winner will be able to demonstrate how their products or services have successfully responded to a customer problem and helped deliver effective supply partnerships.
11. Partnership Award 2024
This award will likely involve collaboration for example between a company and university on a specific project. The Partnership Awards is open to any individual, organisation, employer, government or university or combination of groups to enter, but a Chemicals Northwest member must be part of the team being entered.
Entry is open and welcomed from members of Chemicals Northwest and non-members.
To enter the awards please email [email protected] by 4pm on Thursday 18th January 2024 with the title of the award as the email header.
(1) The judge’s decision is final and will remain unannounced until revealed on the evening.
(2) The same company can enter up to two categories.
(3) CNW reserves the right to split or create new categories after the deadline.
(4) CNW can suggest and with agreement, your entry could go forward to another category.
(5) In the instance that there is only a single entry for an advertised category, CNW reserves the right to delete this category.
(6) CNW can use your entry for good practice case studies in future communications